Hello friends, Today we are going to learn about what is database approach and how it works. So let’s go to the article.
To overcome the problems of a Conventional File Orientated Data Processing System, the database concept was Introduced. With the database approach, the traditional approach’s separate data file is reorganized into a pool of related data to be stored and maintained
only in one location. In this approach, related data is shared by multiple application programs. To use the database approach, a database management system(DBMS) is required. A DBMS consists of a program that can be used as an interface between the database and the application programs.
The figure shows that Database Approaches possesses the following characteristic over the File System Approach.
- It is organized and structured differently than the Conventional Sequential File Organization.
- It is a central repository of shared data.
- A controlling agent manages In this approach, data, i.e., DBMS.
- Data is stored in a standardized, convenient form.
- Its organization is such that duplication of data is minimized.
- The same data can be shared by Multiple Users.
Thus it is clear that instead of each application has its private files, we need a system that provides the organization with centralized control of its data, and that system is database system.
Friends if you found this article useful then share it with your friends and comment below.
Read More :